Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:32:39 +0200
Hi,

On 2009-08-04T14:36:48, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My take on this is: openSUSE in general uses the technically best
solution - and this contains both features and stability - and where
that's not feasible, the most popular solution is used.
If you want to make this decision making process based on objective
criteria you have to tell us how you want to measure all this. Stating
this is only 2% of the work :)
Voting, aka "wisdom of the crowds" aka decision markets?
For the popularity criteria voting is okay. You just have to figure out
who is eligible for a vote and how to vote and stuff but voting for
stability or features sounds wrong to me...

Now I'm confused. I never mentioned voting for stability. And voting for
features is done in openFATE right now - and either I understand you that you
want the voting removed (and then see lots of +1 in the comments ;-( ) or -
and that's the purpose of my write up: What does voting for features mean?
How to interpret it?

Okay lets start from the beginning. What are you talking about here? I
understood that you are talking about the decision making process for
the distribution. Given your subject and your explanation in your mail.
Maybe i misunderstood. Whats this mail about then? :)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson