Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 14:47:53 +0200
Hi,

On 2009-08-04T14:36:48, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My take on this is: openSUSE in general uses the technically best solution
-
and this contains both features and stability - and where that's not
feasible,
the most popular solution is used.
If you want to make this decision making process based on objective
criteria you have to tell us how you want to measure all this. Stating
this is only 2% of the work :)

Voting, aka "wisdom of the crowds" aka decision markets?

For the popularity criteria voting is okay. You just have to figure out
who is eligible for a vote and how to vote and stuff but voting for
stability or features sounds wrong to me...

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson