  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:20:56 +0200
Tirsdag den 4. august 2009 03:03:47 skrev Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy:
And on your second point, thanks for bringing up that when we choose a
desktop, you're not just choosing a UI for selecting applications.
You're choosing a suite of apps that manage your computing life.

And the magnitude of the decision is supposed to be an argument _against_
having a preselected default?

Again, noone's removing any choice, noone's suggesting to hide anything,
selecting GNOME wouldn't require any more work than it does now.

And let me add, you do not just select the software to install - you also
select what level of community support you're going to have available to you -
in terms of online help, packages, howtos etc.