  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 22:14:20 +0200
On Monday 03 August 2009 19:33:00 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Will Stephenson<wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
That's all 306967 suggests - and "openSUSE should, of course, also ship
and support GNOME" - so this +1 from me should be redundant. The rest
has been said already.

Given some of the comments, I don't think it is redundant -
particularly the other half of the suggestion: "commit to not pushing
to remove the option for GNOME."

In other words - make part of the suggestion that this is the *end of
the GNOME/KDE discussions and commit to leaving both in the selection,
and I think that's an option most people can live with.

Right, I had not appreciated the amount of uncertainty about the future 306967
would create according to some of the GNOME people who have posted here

So here's a suggestion

1) Keep the current selection page

2) KDE first and preselected followed by GNOME and others

3) KDE will not push at a later date for removing the option for GNOME or any
other environment

Work for you?

Will