  • From: PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev+osproj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:43:27 -0700
2009/8/3 Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>:
Am Montag, 3. August 2009 19:18:21 schrieb PGNet Dev:
i'm simply astonished that Googling &/or directly visiting the KDE &
Gnome sites seems such an unreasonable expectation of a user.

Do we really need to tell everybody stepping through the door to go back out
and read the sign about how to enter properly?
And KDE or GNOME would result in a pretty big sign...

We should focus on inviting the user to discover his choices and reminding
long term users about them sure can't hurt either.

and how might they "discover" their choices? by preselcting a given
radio box? by changing the order of presentation? by adding a couple
of screenshots?

do you really believe that that can & should be accomplished in the _installer_?

if it's such a big issue, put a link/discussion/screenshot/whatever
prominently "inviting a user to discover his choices" at the opensuse
website where they likely got the installer DVD in the first place ...