  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:49:31 -0400
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Joe Harmon<jharmon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To me if they are an experienced user they will already have made their
choice as to whether they want gnome or kde. If they are a new user, why not
show them a screen shot when they choose gnome or kde so they have a rough
idea of what they are going to receive. I think this would do more for saying
what is truly wanted rather than one or the other being listed first.

This has been suggested and rejected.

It's hard from a screenshot or two for the user to truly know what
they're getting into with either desktop. You could make a "hey, this
looks nifty/niftier" decision, but a screenshot doesn't really tell
you a whole lot.

Best,

Zonker
--