Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #306967 , my KDE summary
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:26:42 +0200
Le lundi 03 août 2009, à 10:30 +0200, Karsten König a écrit :
Am Montag, 3. August 2009 09:41:17 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Again, I'll point out that what should be discussed first is not if KDE
should be the default, but if we want a default, and if yes, how the
default should be expressed (pre-selected radio button, first item in
the list, or even removal of the choice during the installer steps,
etc.). The question of what the default should be is orthogonal to this
one.

But you do know that it will come right up afterwards, eh?

Yes. But it's much easier to discuss this afterwards. Right now, we have
people who say or think "we should have a default and it should be X"
(where X can be GNOME or KDE) and others with the "we shouldn't have a
default" opinion.

And the latter people are seen as pushing GNOME because the thread has
been going in a GNOME vs KDE direction... I'm just trying to remove the
GNOME vs KDE topic (at least for now) to have less emotions in the
debate...

I'm proposing a method, if people don't think it's a good idea, then
fine :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.