Re: Antw: Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:14:54 +0200
Am Freitag 31 Juli 2009 schrieb Stefan Kunze:

But I'm against forcing the decision for 11.2 in the next few weeks - i
think it is to late for that and as the feeling of being a little bit
sneaky. Lets have an open discussion for 11.3 . A decision taken would also
not mean that it is forever ... Circumstances change and in open Community
there should always be a way to revisit a decision taken.

I'm not going to argue in this thread - and I did vote neutral on the feature
:)

But let me say: this change is "just" about a radio button and if I'm reading
right this is mainly on how to communicate the change _if_ we do it. And
we still have 3 _months_ to release - I think it's enough time to discuss.
Preselecting a radio button isn't that much of a problem technically and even
if we change the wording on that page, we can still change the translation
pretty late in the cycle. So don't limit the 11.2 discussion, we will just
earn frustration if we cancel that discussion with a "we just have 3 months
left" argument.

Greetings, Stephan