RE: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #306967 , my KDE summary
This issue is taking too much time and creating too much heat and too little
light.

Can I suggest a neutral proposal:

1) Desktop selection is split into 2 lists, the popular and the "advanced".

2) The most popular desktop is selected by default, so the naïve will get an
easy to use installation.

3) "Popular" & "most popular" are determined by survey, conducted a short
time before release of a distribution.

It's not possible we're all going to agree on an answer, so the only
solution is to agree a neutral mechanism for deciding an answer.

David