[opensuse-project] Re: openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 23:41:33 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 01:08:58 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

On Monday 03 of August 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I would be very disappointed, and would stop being proud of being a
member of this community. I would no longer feel a part of this project
and welcomed. :-/

Welcome to the world of feeling like a KDE openSUSE user.

Why on earth would not having KDE selected as default make you feel that
way? I'm really trying to understand this, but "being the default
choice" doesn't make KDE *equal* to GNOME, it makes it *preferred* to
GNOME.

As it stands right now, the two are equal. If moving KDE to the top of
the list in the installation screen will make you happy, fine, make that
change and leave the default selection off. If the order presented in
the installation screen is that important to you, KDE can be first on the
list as far as I'm concerned. Just don't impose a default selection.

Problem solved.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson