  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 01:12:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 15:28 +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:

do you really think so? what is the kde distro users could join going
away from openSUSE?

Where do you think Kubuntu got all their users from? ;-)

Canonical may not have invested much in KDE in the past - but at least Mark
Shuttleworth has the intelligence to publicly express appreciation for the KDE
community every chance he gets and appear wearing a KDE t-shirt at
strategically convenient times and such.

Whereas the "message" from Novell towards KDE users in recent years have been:
"We'd like to replace our existing users and contributors with new ones, thank
you, goodbye". Which is of course a very poor strategy - and not succesful
either. Everybody should know that keeping existing "customers" is much easier
than getting new ones.

I haven't got that "message" from Novell.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.