[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-marketing] User Survey
  • From: "Kevin \"Yeaux\" Dupuy" <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 16:02:48 -0500
Sent from Kevin Yeaux's mobile device.

On Jul 31, 2009, at 10:57 AM, "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One thing this KDE discussion brings up is this: It's been a long time
since we've had a user survey.

The previous survey can be found here:
http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/e/ec/Survey_openSUSE110.pdf

Any suggestions to modify some of the questions, add new ones, get rid
of old ones? (i.e., is it relevant or not to ask "why do you use a
dual-boot system"?)

Please get me suggestions by end of next week (August 7)

Typically we do these infrequently after releases, but I think we
should probably be doing them at least every 12 months, which means
we're soon overdue.

Best,

Zonker

These surveys are ineffective and skewed toward those of us who actually pay attention to the openSUSE community, which I imagine most of our users do not, so I'm not a big fan of end-user focused surveys unless we have a way of contacting normal users who don't visit openSUSE.org daily...
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Project Member --