  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:14:51 +0200
On Sunday 02 of August 2009, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
The actual problems have *nothing* to do with the default desktop.

They *do*. We keep sending our largest user base a signal that there are
others that are considered more important for openSUSE.

but do not pretend that choosing a
default desktop will fix automatically increase the number of users and
contributors as someone in the KDE team is suggesting. It is simply an
unfounded statement.

I didn't say it will automatically do that. What I said was that it has a
good potential of doing that, better than keeping the current way.

However, what I also said was that not choosing the default desktop will
decrease the number. Been there, tried that, it worked. And this statement is
founded, by this very distribution. We can try to show it again by confirming
the current status, but I thought the point was making openSUSE grow, not
shrink.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer