  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:50:38 +0200
Søndag den 2. august 2009 21:33:57 skrev Jim Henderson:
I again have to state that I don't understand what it is that this vocal
minority of KDE users is so afraid of when it comes to having GNOME
available as a selection or installed alongside KDE.

You keep saying that, even though it's not the case. Noone has ever suggested
not having GNOME available.

What's being discussed is moving KDE on top and preselecting the radiobutton -
GNOME wouldn't be hidden and it wouldn't require a single additional click to
select a GNOME desktop compared to the status quo - so what you're saying is
completely wrong.

A small change that - as has been argued over and over - would bring a ton of
benefits for the project - with very minor damage to the GNOME sub-community
as the only downside.

And we may be vocal - but we're just saying what everybody's thinking -
including a great deal of users who have left.