  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:11:44 -0400
On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Martin
Schlander<martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And stop trying to pretend that the current non-default with GNOME on top
isn't seen as specification of a preference by everybody.

It may be seen as a "specification of a preference" by some, but
saying "by everybody" is a major stretch. I think you're assuming that
new users and people with no particular stake in the desktop selection
are going to give a lot more importance to what's on top/bottom than
they are.

If I get a menu of some kind, and it has two or three options - I
don't automatically assume the one that's "on top" is being
recommended -- just a fact that if you're going to sort something top
to bottom one of the things has to be on top.

Just because it was written "Lennon & McCartney" didn't mean that John
was getting "top" billing. :-)

I do agree with Martin that installing both -- while having some
merits -- would be creating a bunch of new problems.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>