  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:00:11 -0400
* Stephan Binner <beineri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-01-70 11:34]:
On Friday 31 July 2009 22:07:45 Stephan Binner wrote:

10.0: http://i26.tinypic.com/2igghox.png
10.1: http://i28.tinypic.com/30skhf5.png

And ket me also show the screenshot I posted during last project meeting:

http://developer.kde.org/~binner/user-desktop-fail.png

This thing happens when the user always only wants to click "Next" during
installation ("Next" button is always active). How does this popup help
the user? Can't it give an recommendation? Or automatically pre-select
a desktop once the desktop has reached this point of failure so that
he can continue afterwards with "Next" (=additional confirmation)?

Perhaps a relatively easy solution would be to alternate top listing
every other distro?