  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:31:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 13:13 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

First, since KDE is used by majority of users, KDE already is in the primary
role in openSUSE in practice, it is just that for political reasons this is
not admitted.

That's fine with me.

Second, it is your interpretation that I am doing anything
against GNOME other than trying to make it treated equally with others,
instead of it having special priviledges.

What special privileges?

And, third, equal terms means no
special priviledges.

Oh, common!

You are trying to increase the number of users that "choose" kde by
preselecting for them "kde".

Whereas you are trying to increase the number of users that "choose" GNOME by
not preselecting anything and having "GNOME" first? This issue still goes
both ways.

And you want to put KDE first, instead of the standard practice of using alphabetical order.

If you object to alphabetical order, then push for random order.

Instead of fair competition, you are creating prewriten votes with the vote
you want.

I'm afraid I don't comprehend what this sentence is supposed to mean.

But, again, you argue with "fair", yet you are fine with GNOME having special
priviledges that others don't have.

What special privileges? I don't see any.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.