  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:42:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 12:25 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

On Sunday 02 of August 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 11:38 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Sunday 02 of August 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
But this proposal intends to say, that someone is more welcomed than
others, instead of all are welcomed equally. Thats bad and ugly.

I can again just turn it around to show you that you are wrong. Since in
that case we would already say that the following are not welcome in
openSUSE: Xfce users, Emacs users, Thunderbird users, SELinux users,
Compiz users, Epiphany users, Konqueror users, Mutt users and I could go
on and on like this until it would be absolutely ridiculous.

I use some of that list and I don't feel unwelcomed.

Very well. Then we can preselect the most used desktop, like we preselect the
most used browser, editor, mailer, etc. ; and you can choose to use GNOME and
not feel unwelcomed either. There does not seem to be any difference.

Besides, right now someone is more welcomed than others. Can you guess
who it is that currently has a special treatment in openSUSE that no
other community has? How are we to tell new potentional contributors that
everybody is welcomed equally in openSUSE when it is clearly not the
case? That's bad and ugly.

No, I don't see that. Or I didn't: now the message I get is that gnome is
not welcomed, by majority vote.

By the same logic, you should get the message that all those things in the
list above are not welcomed, by the majority vote. Yet you've just said that
you do not. So again, do you have any other reason to propose that openSUSE
treats GNOME specially (that is, unequally, which is what you claim to be
against) or are you just pushing your personal agenda and you don't want to
admit it?

What? What on earth are you talking about?

I have not seen an openfate voting to select thunderbird as the preferred mailer, for instance. What I'm seeing a vote (F 306967) against gnome, to push kde to the primary role, officially. You call that equal terms?

Oh, common!

You are trying to increase the number of users that "choose" kde by preselecting for them "kde". Instead of fair competition, you are creating prewriten votes with the vote you want.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.