  • From: "jdd (kim2)" <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:49:32 +0200
Carlos E. R. a écrit :

No, I don't think so. One of the main points of Linux is having choices,
and the sooner the new user realizes that, the better.

can be. this may also stop some people. On my first Linux computer
(486, 8Mo ram), I could not make X run, so the choice was not there :-).

this is a true question: what are the people we want to join openSUSE?
how much beginners do we want them?

And anyway, even if someone says that he installed all by default, he
will soon enough depart from that. Will then gnome users, which would
not be the default install, be pushed back from support as second
citizens, because they didn't install the default? Same as if you open a
box voiding the warranty?

no but it makes help easier,

jdd

--