  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 11:38:33 +0200
On Sunday 02 of August 2009, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2009-08-02 at 09:10 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
Sending repeated messages "you are welcome, but not really as much as
others" in the KDE direction is something that has negative impact on KDE
contributors. And this is controlled by openSUSE or Novell.

But this proposal intends to say, that someone is more welcomed than
others, instead of all are welcomed equally. Thats bad and ugly.

I can again just turn it around to show you that you are wrong. Since in that
case we would already say that the following are not welcome in openSUSE:
Xfce users, Emacs users, Thunderbird users, SELinux users, Compiz users,
Epiphany users, Konqueror users, Mutt users and I could go on and on like
this until it would be absolutely ridiculous.

Besides, right now someone is more welcomed than others. Can you guess who it
is that currently has a special treatment in openSUSE that no other community
has? How are we to tell new potentional contributors that everybody is
welcomed equally in openSUSE when it is clearly not the case? That's bad and
ugly.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer