  • From: alpha096@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:03:48 +1000
I am very sorry Will, but the "we recognise and respond........." is in
reality another motherhood statement,
of which there are many examples in business.

So when a user asks for the Cancel or Abort button to actually do just
that in Yast we do it - Wrong! - Invalid/wontfix
and when a user asks for the ability to add an icon/application/object
to the Desktop in Gnome we do it - Wrong! - Invalid/wontfix

Bugzilla is full of small common sense requests that are flagged wontfix
or are yet to be marked
but Yast and Gnome are both closed shops and a simple search will easily
show that.
The wish-lists we have are so big that no one can add another request
due its length in FF.

Above all, we all expect things to work, we want the NTFS Partition to
have a mount point and be mounted after an install
- Yes we have how many open bugs in Bugzilla.

Sorry I am not being purely Negative, I just don't like motherhood
statements in business unless they are achievable.
Don't get ME wrong, I am just the messenger and most parts of our
product are wonderful,
but we are all very well educated users; for Mr and Mrs Average it just
does not fly in many areas.

Scott

I think we can make the message "we recognise and respond to what our users
want". We're not hiding GNOME as is the case with KDE on SLED nor are we
reducing Novell's investment in it.

I'm not a marketeer, but I am married to one. And I've heard from a couple
of
places that good marketing orthodoxy is to focus on your biggest market and
give them what they want, and look for untapped markets.

Will

< Previous Next >
List Navigation