  • From: "jdd (kim2)" <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 08:28:42 +0200
alpha096@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

Generation Y will NOT use anything but a GUI Interface,

very long mail, but sorry to say not convincing. First you drop Apple
Mc Intosh interface importance, then everybody will use GUI when fiber
links, 100 Mb symetrical will be for anybody, but this is not to be
seen before at least 10 years.

And this have nothing to do with defaulting to Kde.

To go back to the subject, that is making install easier to newcommer,
may be we could add an option "All default install" with *no* other
questions.

We just have to define such defaults: no user passwd, direct login,
kde with windows like skin, sudo without pass for the first user...

We could name it "install like Windows". But do we want to go so far?
Do we want to support users wanting to do so?

I doubt it

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net