[opensuse-project] Re: openFATE feature 306967, KDE default
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:45:48 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:37:49 +0200, Rupert Horstkötter wrote:

What I see as a MUCH bigger issue is the influence to the GNOME
community. A decision to select KDE as the default just sets them apart
- much more than to express an appreciation to the KDE community imho.
GNOME definitely is the "little sister" of KDE in our distribution (no
question) but I explicitly use the word "sister" here - KDE folks, i.e.
Frank Karlitschek, think about the bad impact such a decision would have
for GNOME. Shouldn't we think as "the oS community" rather then a KDE
and a GNOME "battleline"?

Very well stated, and I agree with this 100%.

Jim (a fellow long-time openSUSE GNOME user)

--
Jim Henderson