  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:32:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-08-01 at 20:16 +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009, jdd (kim2) wrote:
What could be said is that it's possible for little cost to install
both - may be we could make install both the default? This makes
testing the two of them easy!!

Which login manager would be used then, gdm or kdm?

And which environment would be started by default, GNOME or KDE?

Whatever the administrator of each machine decides.

on modern computer this is not a problem

I'm having both installed even on my not-so-modern notebook, alas
the proposal does not really address the problem, just pushes it back.