  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 11:06:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2009-07-31 at 16:57 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:

On Friday 31 July 2009 16:37:53 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
You're suggesting that making a choice for the user is a
distinguishing feature. OK - then let's make all the choices, and be
really distinguished! Or, let's be *about choice and distinguish
ourselves that way.

Choosing a default and being about choice are not opposites. And I don't
think the "being about choice" message has gotten through.

Don't diminish the significance of the statement that makes. Think back to
the uproar the GNOME default on SLED selection made, which continues to be
extended to openSUSE in the "all the major distributions default to GNOME"
comments all over the internet. This is a chance for openSUSE to stand out,
play to its users' preferences, and win more users and developers.

Don't confuse SLED with openSUSE. I've no idea what SLED does, I don't use it. I can't even influence it in any way.

This is openSUSE, not SLES/SLED.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.