  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:57:35 +0200
Lørdag den 1. august 2009 01:21:26 skrev Susanne Oberhauser:
Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Fredag den 31. juli 2009 16:05:05 skrev Susanne Oberhauser:
We could make down-sized screenshots as buttons to choose from, side by
side --- or a mosaic of several of them.

That would make it simpler for users to decide.

Screenshots don't tell users which desktop is easier to get
help/support for, has been tested by the most people, has the best
level of 3rd party package support etc.

Do I sense a hidden claim that one of the two has better technology or a
better community than the other?

To my understanding the the two communities have grown enough mutual
respect to see theit coexistence as a happy coopetition, a fun
technology race.

All I tried to say is that within the openSUSE community KDE is much stronger,
therefore a new user who doesn't know anything, is likely to have a better
overall experience with KDE.

- easier to get help
- better "Packman-support"
- more documentation, howtos, forum answers, etc.
- tested by more people
etc.

I don't think bringing a discussion about the best technology into things
would help ;-)