  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 08:06:41 +0200
On Saturday 01 of August 2009, Susanne Oberhauser wrote:
I hate to say it but: to those familiar with the gnome-kde discussions,
a preselection of eitehr of them always will be recieved and understood
as a statement about the other one, too.

To those familiar with SUSE, a no preselection is understood as a statement
too. A not nice statement, for the majority.

It's like setting emacs as the default editor (or vi): it's a statement
about the 'others'.

We do have vi as the default editor. I don't remember ever anybody
considering that a political statement or us forcing users to make a decision
here.

And I wonder wheter the luxury of having one click less is worth
tenderly and inadvertently yet unavoidably stepping on the toes of 1/3
of our users?

And now imagine 2/3 of our users, with their toes already sore.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer