Re: [opensuse-project] Update Add-on CD/DVD
  • From: Javier Llorente <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:09:24 +0200
On Tuesday 28 April 2009 10:27:58 Martin Schlander wrote:
Tirsdag den 28. april 2009 01:37:32 skrev Javier Llorente:
The other day one of my friends installed openSUSE 11.1/KDE 4.1.3 on his
laptop and afterwards he updated it. He had to download about 1.0 GB of
updates. And well, I thought that maybe we could have an update add-on
DVD to avoid big updates after fresh installs. This wouldn't be an
openSUSE respin or anything like that. People would download openSUSE as
usual and then the update add-on DVD et voilĂ !

The openSUSE 11.1 Reloaded Live CD with KDE 4.2 by Stephan Binner also
includes the patches released so far:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Medias/images/iso/

It is another possibility. But in this case I still prefer having an Update
DVD rather than a reloaded Live CD. We could use it in more situations.

I think if the installation is somewhat regular the 1 gig is probably the
installed size and not the download size, or you're including unofficial
updates from packman and whatnot in the number.

Nope, it's almost 1 GB of updates without Packman updates on a machine with
openSUSE 11.1 and KDE 4.1.3.

--
Javier Llorente
openSUSE Member