Re: [opensuse-project] Why many people don't support Guiding Principles ?
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:36:18 +0200
On Tuesday 19 May 2009, Clayton wrote:
I am guessing here, but I would say that the vast majority of
those who have a user account have only created the account...
and then

IIRC the users.o.o account gets created when you (accidentally or
out of curiosity) visit the site while being logged in via iChain
(because you did login for Forums, Wiki, Build Service, ...). I
doubt that most of the non-signed users ever clicked the "Guiding
Principles" link on it.

So... it probably comes down to awareness. Maybe it's a
possibility to set things up to send an email off to the registered
users if they haven't logged in for X number of months, and maybe a
pointer to the GP's, reminding them that they are there, and ask
them politely if they would like to to sign (or discuss them if
they don't' agree with some point)?
If its awareness then probably we might need to change the perception.
So people notice or even get asked if they want to support the
guiding principles.

Best
You will never get 100%
response to those emails, but a few will actually take the time to
log in and look around once they are reminded they have an account
there.

C.

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management