Re: [opensuse-project] Call for Participations: openSUSE Summit 2009
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:31:36 -0400
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le jeudi 16 avril 2009, à 08:24 -0400, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier a écrit :
If you're interested in presenting at the openSUSE Summit, fill out the Call
for Participation Form[3] with all of the details for your participation.
We're accepting talks, tutorials, birds of a feather, and panel discussion
submissions. (Birds of feather sessions will be scheduled after hours.)

Any reason a phone number and address are required?

Yes.

Phone, because I think it'll probably be good to have phone numbers in
case conf. organizers are needing to get in touch with speakers right
before the conference.

Address, because now's a good time to get that information if we need
to send anything to the presenters.

Generally, I'm pretty conservative about giving out
phone/address/email, but we're not going to be spamming anyone or
telemarketing anyone for openSUSE.

Will we be able to schedule last-minute BoFs or mini-talks in some
hacker rooms? (I'd expect people to discover new topics they'd like to
discuss)

Yes, of course.

Best,

Zonker