Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:46:54 -0300
2009/5/7 Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
That's fine, but now I have to raise a question that should have been
obvious to me before: what's the point of a separate development
codename? Why call the same product two different things? If it's
"openSUSE 11.2" then let's use that in releases and inside the project,
or if it's gonna be "openSUSE <Codename> then let's use that in
development and release date.

Do we really need to make things more complicated than they need to be?
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Member

I agree.

We don't have already a codename for the development version? "Factory"?

Regards,

Luiz