Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: "Kevin \"Yeaux\" Dupuy" <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 21:24:18 -0500
On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 09:27 +1000, Mark V wrote:
Agreed. Would the following be simple enough?
Code name <color> during development phases: openSUSE Asparagus
Release name <EOL> at/near the release date: openSUSE 11-11

That's fine, but now I have to raise a question that should have been
obvious to me before: what's the point of a separate development
codename? Why call the same product two different things? If it's
"openSUSE 11.2" then let's use that in releases and inside the project,
or if it's gonna be "openSUSE <Codename> then let's use that in
development and release date.

Do we really need to make things more complicated than they need to be?
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Member