Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: Mark V <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:27:34 +1000
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 06 May 2009 06:02:46 pm Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 08:07 +1000, Mark V wrote:
openSUSE Asparagus (a.k.a EL:11-11)

but that does get a little too long for me.

Yeah, this is getting a little confusing. Seriously, we should have
*one* name for the product (at least publicly). If we want to use
"openSUSE Foobar 11.2" inside the project to describe a release, that's
cool, but when it comes to publicly, let's stick with one name: either
openSUSE 11.2 or openSUSE Foobar (of course those names are just
examples).

Agree on this.
Naming must be easy to swallow.

Agreed. Would the following be simple enough?
Code name <color> during development phases: openSUSE Asparagus
Release name <EOL> at/near the release date: openSUSE 11-11

Cheers

people to cut name to reasonable size, or give some digestible name, and that
will produce confusion as there will be as many shortcuts, as people using
them.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/