[opensuse-project] Re: Code names
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 17:43:08 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 06 May 2009 18:59:56 +0200, Pavol Rusnak wrote:

jdd wrote:
We can use the same sheme than Ubuntu use: starting date, but the idea
to use the *ending* date seems to me new and very interesting.

And when we use the ending date, the next release will be named 11.11,
so we didn't go back from 11.1 to 9.11 (which is unfortunate also) and
keep the increasing tendency:

Problem is that end dates can change as development on the next release
progresses. Wasn't there recently a shift from a 6 month development
cycle to an 8 month development cycle?

Suppose in 2 years it's decided to go to a 10-month development cycle?
That shifts the end dates for the ones that are already out there.

It seems to me that it's a better idea to go with something that isn't
able to change rather than something that may.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson