Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 21:49:37 -0500
On Tuesday 05 May 2009 07:51:30 pm Mark V wrote:

Unless openSUSE starts adopting end-of-life schedules that leapfrog
each other, which I think Ubuntu does, then the most distant expiry
date is the most recent release, so the release date information is

You see, that is why I proposed to have release schedule linked from Project
Overview. So many people, including you, think that support ends with new
release, which is plain wrong.

The (open)SUSE is older then *buntu, and it has leapfrog end-of-life policy
since ever. It is merely that *buntu copied SUSE end-of-life policy down to
the length of term - 2 years for each release, since release date.
See for release dates of currently supported

Currently you have 10.3, 11.0 and 11.1 alive and well, ie. all supported.
Support for 10.3 will end in October 2009, shortly before 11.2 release.
The 11.0 will run supported until June 2010, and 11.1 till December 2010.

Regards, Rajko