Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: "Kevin \"Yeaux\" Dupuy" <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:15:39 -0500
On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 11:13 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

The code names I came up with the morning I posted the schedule,
were not so great (check the forum to see a lot of people offended),
so I would like to discuss it more generally: what is a good code name line?

Let me ask this about the code name, because this is something I've been
wondering about since the codename idea was first brought up: what is
the use of it? I'm not against it necessarily, but how are we supposed
to use it? Is it going to be like Ubuntu or Mac OS X where the real
version number is hidden and the code name IS the public name of the
product (e.g. New! Try openSUSE <Codename>), or is it going to be a
project thing (so the public name is still openSUSE 11.2) or something
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Member