RE: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: "Andrew Wafaa" <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 19:03:13 +0000
Personally I'm not overly bothered about code names especially when it comes to
having it as the main reference for a release. If it's used as a "pet name"
then fine and I vote for the philosipher theme.

I don't see why we should change the naming/versioning convention that has been
used, it works very well so why try and fix it? There seems to be a tendency
at the minute to jump on the band-wagon and do what the other buggers are
doing, and to this I most definitely say NO!

openSUSE is believe it or not a pioneer in many a space within the Linux
community, and as such should forge its own way not play follow the herd (or
should that be hurd? :-) )

So to re-iterate my stance, no to code names but if we go for a code name use
it only as a pet name rather than the primary name.

Thank you for listening, this has been a party politiccal broadcast for
openSUSE.

Regards,

Andy
--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: FunkyPenguin