Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 20:44:17 +0200
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [05-04-09 05:31]:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~worc0337/philosophers.html

gives you 188 philosophers...

I suggest you make a ballot. list the names and ask users (or
members) two questions:

1) What are the philosophers *we should not use* - for example
Friedrich Nietzsche could be associated with world war two, probably
not a good choice (knowing if the association is reasonable or not is
not our problem);

Are there that many of us actively using computers/linux/opensuse to
be offended by associations with ww2 ???

WWII was a pretty significant world event for millions of people, so why
be offended at all?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich