Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 13:57:39 -0400
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [05-04-09 05:31]:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~worc0337/philosophers.html

gives you 188 philosophers...

I suggest you make a ballot. list the names and ask users (or members)
two questions:

1) What are the philosophers *we should not use* - for example
Friedrich Nietzsche could be associated with world war two, probably
not a good choice (knowing if the association is reasonable or not is
not our problem);

Are there that many of us actively using computers/linux/opensuse to
be offended by associations with ww2 ???