Re: [opensuse-project] Code names
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:59:06 +0200
Moin,
On Monday 04 May 2009, jdd wrote:
Martin Schlander a écrit :
I don't see any need/use for code names at all
I don't see any either.

names usually don't mean anything... they are used to make memory
easier.
and with numbers counting up (e.g. 11.0, 11.1, 11.2) this is pretty
easy.

other distros uses year.month numeric and/or name
that might be an option

openSUSE naming is completely absurd and changing it would be a
good thing.
As long as there is not a brilliant idea of changing the openSUSE
versioning I don't see much positive things in doing so. Does the
current versioning hurt somewhere (beside of "I don't like it")?

Best

The idea of colours is very good

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF: