Re: [opensuse-project] [openFATE] What should we do for the next step ?
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:40:31 -0400
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Alberto Passalacqua
<alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx> wrote:

Additional we think the lmitation to openSUSE members might add/offer
some quality assurance.

Well, I don't agree. The QA is not done selecting on people, but
selecting proposals. So, if this might be a starting point because the
screening team is building, it's surely not ideal for the community of
an _open_ project, especially when this project has some problem already
to appear as really open, even if we try not to see it.

I think the point is, we have a limited number of members and
therefore a limited number of proposals coming from them.

On the other hand - accepting proposals from everybody would mean we'd
be getting a lot more proposals. That's not to say non-members
wouldn't provide good proposals - but that limiting the submitting
body to ~300 people is more manageable than opening submissions to
anyone who signs up for an iChain account.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>