[opensuse-project] Let's create an openFate team
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:25:45 +0100
Moin,

with openFate we have now a tool in place which should enable more
community people to participate directly to the creation of openSUSE.

Currently we are at the beginning of using openFate and are gathering
information and experience to make openFate and its usage as
efficient as possible. Therfore we propose to set up a team of people
engaged in openFate to help maintain movement in openFate and to
enhance openFate where necessary.

What comes in to my mind are things like:

- add documentation (how to use openfate, explain the process etc.)
- feature screening (does a feature lack important information, find
duplicates etc.)
- define the process on how to handle features
- call for feature voting in a certain period to make clear which
features are of high importance for the community
- find areas where openFate should be improved
- find people implementing features

Please let me know if you're interested or add yourself to the
participant list on http://en.opensuse.org/OpenFate_screening_team
and I'll set up a first meeting soon to discuss what's needed. At
least for the beginning I see opensuse-project the right place to
talk about openFate.

Best
Michael

PS: Don't miss Thomas's talk about openFate on Sunday 2:15pm at FOSDEM
(talks will be recorded), http://en.opensuse.org/FOSDEM

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management
Email: michl@xxxxxxx