Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:52:16 +0100
On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 12:18 +0100, Dirk Müller wrote:
On Monday 15 December 2008, JP Rosevear wrote:

I agree, I think its odd to make a lengthy 10 month schedule and then
not add on 2-4 weeks to grab the final version of GNOME.

final version? GNOME finally ceases to exist? ;)

I don't see the point, there will always be yet-another-release of major
software that we'll miss.

well, in this case (Sep 10th) it would just miss GNOME 2.28 by a few
days.

I don't understand why a shorter release cycle was dismissed, there was no
reason given? How about a release in ~ May, which includes kernel 2.6.28 and
gcc 4.4, and then a release around October/November for 11.3?

I like this, at least from the GNOME POV it allows us to even have a .1
release of the current stable GNOME.

And yes, it probably is a better idea to drive the releases from
foundational aspects of the distro (kernel, compilers, new system
daemons, integration of new software, etc)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>