Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:03:46 +0100
Am Montag, 22. Dezember 2008 schrieb Rob OpenSuSE:
The quick forum poll has 42 replies 22nd December at 1600h GMT :

http://forums.opensuse.org/surveys-polls/402364-release-style-preferences-w
th-poll.html

View Poll Results: What Release Model Would You Like Best?

Current One - 3 Releases in 2 Years, Some Upgrades via Build Service
11
Rolling Release - "stable", "current" and "factory" well tested
upgrade for stable 13
6 Monthly Release following KDE & GNOME
2
Annual Release with more time for Development & Testing
13
Other (please explain your preference)
3

The votes for annual took off, after posting in the "install" section
of forum. A lot of ppl seem to be upgrading from 11.0, without a
clear reason why, just to have the latest. Then running into
forseeable troubles and known issues.

Annual has its pros too. We only have to decide for once and for all, where
between KDE and GNOME we release and can in the future blame KDE and GNOME
for not sticking to their schedule once we hit the problem again.

And I wouldn't have to lookup holidays for every new release either - always
first thursday in november and we're done. But that's of course the project
manager's view :)

Greetings, Stephan