Re: [opensuse-project] Boxed editions slipping on release dates (3 weeks in some cases)
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:51:48 +0100
On 12/23/2008 at 2:10 PM, Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Moin,

With today's set up my biggest concern is how to get openSUSE into the
hands of people living in areas with no or limited broad band access?
Those people - and there are many - can't buy a box nor download
openSUSE. This is something zonker, Martin and others are working
currently on.

That's actually a very interesting goal. Maybe we (from the richer part) could
'sponsor' shipments to such regions?
Maybe in a simple way like: buy a box: it includes
- 1 DVD for you
- 1 Manual for you
- the charity for Novell to send a DVD (maybe not as boxed with booklet and so
on) to any region in the world, which is not stuffed as heavily with
BroadBand as other regions.

Could be an option, no?

Dominique