Re: [opensuse-project] Why Simultaneous Net & Box Set Release?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:58:40 +0100
Clayton a écrit :
I do install always on an other partition (I keep two for the job).

Right.. i could (and have in the past) do the same thing, but you
always have to power down and then boot that partition... meanwhile my
fileserver/webserver and work computer is offline. I don't want to do
that... this the VirtualBox tinkering.

I have all the data out of /home (reserved partition), it's enough to
setup links. I can use firefox.thunderbird in any of the two (11.0 &
11.1) at the same time, still having all the ~/. files separate

however, Kde4 is still a very disturbing thing, crashes three times in
24h,

Are you using an old KDE4 config?

no

A clean start with the config is
almost mandatory. Do that and it's fine. As for look... well you can
change it as much as you want.. it's still the endlessly configurable
KDE :-) Mine looks a lot like my old setup...

can you have the 8 last used application on top of the menu? use the
desktop... as desktop and not as folder? have the meteo applet?

I'm using the Oxygen
Desktop Theme which has almost the same look as my previous KDE3.5
theme that I used. I set Desktop Activity Type to Folder View

good, I missed this one , thanks :-)

and my
desktop behaves like it used to in KDE3.5. I'm a happy camper :-)
(oh, and also using the 180.16 nVidia drivers which make a HUGE
difference).

not yet installed the Nvidia drivers :-(

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net