Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:26:36 -0600
On Thursday 18 December 2008 01:11:08 am Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
The problem is that you need to explain to users how to use addon desktop
CDs. And this will become a problem, I'm pretty sure. There is stuff like
media changing during installation, not forgetting to add it, also we would
need to test quite a bit more scenarios to make sure the experience is
smooth.

That is smaller problem then to describe how to use oBS repo if repo has no
1-click link.

One link on fresh installed desktop "Additional software" will not need
explanation, it will be call for click.

It seems that whole idea is to have small base that is good tested, and addons
that are pretty much the same as patterns, or few patterns. Rounded
selections of software needed for certain purpose. Though, for this purpose
base is not necessarily the same as base pattern.

Keep in mind that 'everything is right there' is one of the most noted
advantages of openSUSE compared to other distros.

Yes, and with every release is even more right :-)

--
Regards, Rajko