[opensuse-project] openSUSE Weekly News - call for contributors
  • From: "Rupert Horstkötter" <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:52:09 +0100
Community,

this is a call for volunteers. Thanks to your awesome help, the
openSUSE Weekly Newsletter Team currently provides the Weekly News in
9 languages (including English) to the openSUSE community. To be able
to further enhance the quality of our current offering, the openSUSE
Weekly Newsletter Team always welcomes contributors. What we
especially need:

1. We did an investigation last week and we are looking for Italian,
French and Chinese translators. These three languages with a
significant user percentage of openSUSE installations are not
supported by the Weekly Newsletter yet.

2. To strengthen our current translation teams we are always looking
for translators for currently supported languages, namely German,
Indonesian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and
Swedish.

3. As you hopefully already noticed we provide a dedicated openSUSE
Forums section with hot topics and asserted threads as of the Weekly
News issue #49 to the openSUSE community. This is an area, where we
are also in desperate need of contributors - this is especially
interesting for community members highly involved in the forums
already.

If you are interested to participate in one of these areas, you are
very welcome to join the team. Please contact either Jan-Simon Möller
- jansimon.moeller/at/opensuse.org or Rupert Horstkötter -
rhorstkoetter/at/opensuse.org for further information.

Any help is much appreciated and we are looking forward to your responses.

Best,
Rupert

--
Rupert Horstkötter, openSUSE community