Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:28:33 +1100
On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 20:01 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 21:38:36 schrieb JP Rosevear:
On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 19:44 +0100, jdd wrote:
Alberto Passalacqua a écrit :
I tend to think it is a lot better to have old but working GNOME,
rather than pushing the new version in at the last minute. It did not
work in the past, and I don't see how it should be different this time.

exactly.

This is only partially true, GNOME will be feature frozen before the end
of July and would have regular updates throughout a development cycle.

Sorry, but how many 10.3 online updates you had to push because the final
GNOME was broken? We need to have the last GNOME GM-4 weeks. No discussion
there. If we delay GM or skip autumn GNOME I don't mind.

I'll toss this one up in the air even though I haven't actually thought
it through yet;
If we do DE based releases, problem would be solved (ie, release
openSUSE 11.2, KDE Edition when the KDE Devs/Community feels it's ready,
and likewise for GNOME). What it might mean is that this time around,
the KDE edition is released a month or two prior to the GNOME edition.
Next time around, it might be the same, or the other way around.
Perhaps that will create an administrative night mare and all the
mirrors will come after us etc etc. I don't know.
Thought it might be worth mentioning it.

Cheers,
Magnus