Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:10:46 +0100
Am Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008 04:06:10 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On Monday, 2008-12-15 at 14:43 +0100, Michael Loeffler wrote:
But it has its downside as well. Finalization of the release would
happen during the summer holiday season. To address this we we added
one Beta to stretch the development time a bit.

Some people might have difficulties contributing during the summer
holidays. Me, for instance... I won't have my ADSL network, maybe not even
the computer, during August. So certainly I will not do any testing, and
very probably no translations.

Yeah, that's why we need to move slowly over august. I.e. freezing development
mid/end of july and only do RC releases over august. But RC phase means we
only fix critical bugs and we will get a lot of complaints about bugs not
being fixed. But every bug fixed may cause regressions.

Greetings, Stephan